Hi, I'm Nat! This is my personal website.
A shrine and database of polyominoes, documenting interesting properties such as symmetry, genealogy, packing, and tiling.
I worked at Components AI and designed and/or implemented many of the generators on the site, including:
In addition, I did architecture work and implemented a lot of the controls for CSS GUI, a library of composable inputs for manipulating CSS properties.
A little app to visualize various permutation groups and lets you push buttons to permute them.
I have been constructing sudoku and other pencil puzzles since 2022. Four of my puzzles have been featured on Cracking the Cryptic:
A catalog of my puzzles can be found on my Logic Masters Germany user page.
A calligraphic number system based on prime factorization.
Some fun little code doodles on Codepen and stuff.
- Slime Simulator: For Global Game Jam 2023, I made a simulation based on the slime mold Physarum polycephalum. Feed the slime and watch it grow! Featuring music by Alex Friedland.
- Spiral Galaxy Illusion: Create the illusion of a spiral galaxy by rotating and scaling a field of stars.
- LCH and LAB "Color Pickers": demonstrate the gradient of the LAB and LCH color spaces at different values.
- Bagua Gray Code: (my first codepen!) Generates trigrams, hexagrams, and more based on a Gray Code.
A puzzle game about origami animals I made in 2017, based on LEGO World Builder.
Pre-pandemic, I used to give talks at tech conferences about projects I've worked on:
- Polyhedra, I Choose You! - About creating the Polyhedra Viewer.
- Is React Translated Yet? - How I got the documentation of React translated to more than a dozen languages.
If you enjoy my work, please consider buying me a coffee on Ko-fi!
Contact & Social Media
My email is
tesseralis [at] gmail [dot] com. You can also find me on social media (in order of most to least used):